Friday, November 28, 2008

Internship Monthly Blog 1

Above is a picture taken when I accidentally slept too much in High Speed Rail and ended up in Taichung when I planned to stop at Hsinchu.

I help do research for an Israel jewelry designer, Victor, for a collection book that he's working on. It's a book that will contain 100 world's top leader fashion brands in this world today. My main job is to help him research at least two brands' that are on the list. I need to find information about the founder(s), the brand's establishment, its philosophy, and its direction for the future.

My main job is to gather information, not to write it. I help him make sure all the dates and names are correct, there's no contradiction between different sources, the spelling of their original names, etc. There's a lot of reading for each brand. However, I could actually learn a lot from doing it every week. Because of this internship, I have no excuse for myself from not reading anymore. I never had a good habit of reading, and this is something that makes sure I will spend time reading every week. Also, I'm starting to began to catch up some tricks about gathering important and necessary information from reading long texts.

No comments: